Online Link: www.skillsniper.com
Technology Platform: Java, J2EE, Apache Velocity, MySQL, HTML, Jquery
Execution & Delivery: Agile; Offshore Model
The Sapplica Advantage
Sapplica’s unique approach towards SkillSniper’s Database architecture resulted in 80% performance enhancement.
Further, a UI design that was not just appealing but also usable created immense value for the website.
How Sapplica™ Executed an Intelligent Front-end and Back-end Optimization Strategy to Maximize Value from SkillSniper™, a Comprehensive Career Platform
SkillsSniper.com had a great idea behind the website, a comprehensive career platform that would enable job seekers to precisely match their skill set and experience to the right job.
The founders of SkillSniper™ envisioned a comprehensive search capability that would showcase a complete set of functions for job seekers including searching for target jobs, preparing for interviews and finally, launching their career.
Further, SkillSniper™ was meant to create an affordable solution for employers, offering quality talent acquisition through skill based candidate matching services.
Primarily, the website suffered from slow performance. Further, their search capability was not aligned with the breadth of objectives that the founders had in mind.
At Sapplica™, we identified that a sub-optimal website would not effectively translate the vision into a true employee – employer networking platform. Key areas that needed attention included the User Interface, Search Capability and overall website performance.
Beyond Basic Functionality
Sapplica supported Skillsniper.com deliver beyond basic profile features for candidates as well as employers.
- Comprehensive authentication and authorization mechanisms and activity tracking features, fully customized for different user profiles.
- Search criteria, sortable results set and the ability to add custom criteria to candidate search was built into a highly scalable and resilient software architecture.
- Advanced usability, navigation and content strategy for all major sections of the website
including employer area, job seeker area and administration interface.
- Overall, close to 80% performance tuning was achieved across the web application through Middle-ware and Backend best practices.
Value Added Features
- Skill Based Search: Tree based approach to save, search and list candidate profiles based on skills resulted in an intuitive, relevant and very unique and efficient search functionality, seldom featured in an Internet career platform.
- Contextual Help: Site-wide, context sensitive help is available based on page content, which serves as quick references for both employers as well as job-seekers.
- Statistics: SkillSniper.com lists statistics for Employers as well as Job Seekers and attaches basic organization features right from the dashboard